For the opportunity to work, you have to apply to the authorities. The admission of a work without permission can have consequences. That's why there are some rules to consider:
- You are not allowed to work in the first three months.
- Three months after being registered as an asylum seeker, there is "subordinated" access to the labor market. The Federal Employment Agency is examining your application. Temporary work is not possible during this exam.
- From the fourth month, employment with a particular employer may be pursued if a "limited work permit" is obtained. This can be applied for at the Immigration Office.
- After 15 months of being registered as an asylum seeker, the examination of the priorities set in terms of access to employment is no longer applied.. From this point on temporary work is also possible.
- After 15 months, the examination of the priorities set in terms of access to employment by the Federal Employment Agency is dropped. Temporary work would be possible now.
- From 48 months, full access to the labor market can be possible, provided you have a permit in your Aufenthaltsgestattung (Receipt acknowledging the filing of an application for refugee status).
- After 48 months, a general employment permit can be applied for at the immigration office.
The immigration office decides on admission to training during the asylum procedure.
In case of temporary authorization of stay, the immigration office also decides on the work permit.
Once in possession of a residence permit, you may pursue employment without any request.